You want to create a life where you are taking inspired actions toward living with no regrets. There’s one small problem, you are feeling overwhelmed, or tired, or maybe you are lacking focus….you can’t quite get the momentum or commitment to take action. Sound familiar?
How do you break this cycle…how do you reset? You need a solution that will help you create sustainable change and momentum in your life. Your answer: Start a Daily Practice routine!
Daily Practices are a powerful way to develop a commitment to yourself, to create forward movement, and begin some momentum. Daily practices are baby steps towards anchoring in the life you desire, there are so many benefits of committing to Daily Practices! Here are just a few:
- Daily Practices center and ground you. Instead of focusing your energy externally, to the noisy world around you, they help you to focus inward and listen to what’s most important.
- Daily Practices give you a feeling of success and accomplishment! They help you to feel good. Track the accomplishment of your Daily Practices on this bullet journal page: https://jilldianesaunders.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Daily-Practices-FREE-Bullet-Journal-2.pdf
- Here’s some magic…the baby steps of a Daily Practice helps to shift your energy from being stuck or discouraged to being in motion towards your dreams and desires. It works like magic. Taking care of yourself with a Daily Practice will lift your energy, and put things in motion.
- Daily Practices are often nurturing and supportive, giving you greater peace, energy, and resilience. They often settle the feelings of being frazzled or low feelings like discouragement.
Now, your Daily Practice needs to be designed by you. Pick a Daily Practice that cares for you, lifts your energy, and honors you. Here are some ideas:
- Connection with meaningful people, inspiring conversation
- Doing something creative
- Time in nature
- Hugging or holding someone
- Acts of kindness
- Fueling your body with nutrition
- Noticing little miracles
- Gratitude practice
- Bubble bath
- Nutritious choices
- Musical instrument
- Turning off devices
- Putting a limit on scrolling
- Cut out or back on the news
You probably have great ideas to add to this list! Take note – most of these can be done in quarantine conditions.
Here’s a suggested way forward:
- Pick a Daily Practice or two that resonate with you.
- Commit to the Daily Practice. Say, no matter what self-talk you may have, no matter how you feel, you’ll commit to the Daily Practice.
- Try it for at least 5-6 days. Record on the Daily Practice bullet journal page your success honoring the Daily Practice. Link to bullet journal: https://jilldianesaunders.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Daily-Practices-FREE-Bullet-Journal-2.pdf. Tracking and acknowledging your success is important! It lifts your energy to see your progress.
- Notice how you feel after you do this, how does it feel to invest in a practice that nurtures and cares for you?
- Continue to hone the Daily Practice that best serves you, you may want to try others out. Note that Daily Practices may change with seasons and other circumstances in your life.
- Continue this commitment. One day, you’ll reach a point where you notice you feel differently if you don’t take this action.
You may be saying to yourself you don’t have time for a Daily Practice. Challenge yourself, take some time. This is one of those investments that have a ripple effect and will make your other responsibilities more effective.
I’m a big fan of experimenting. My wish is that you experiment with having a Daily Practice and that you find one that you want to anchor into your life regularly. Then, when you do this, that you will start to feel a feeling of success and progress, of forward motion. Daily Practices jump-start the process of creating a life full of what really matters to you, they set in motion the energy of you living without regrets.
I’d love to hear how it goes!